There are some things that we don't do well, or that just don't work.
These are usually caused by limitations in the underlying tkinter, and may be specific to a particular platform.
- Animated GIFs - appJar has its own way of animating GIFs, if animated GIFs don't have complete frames, the animation will break.
- Image Backgrounds - setting an image as a background doesn't work well - most widgets don't have their own transparency.
- ttk - appJar was never intended to work with ttk, but due to popular demand, we've tried to build it in, but there are still issues.
appJar has been designed to work the same on the three major platforms: Windows, Mac & Linux.
However, not all features are available on all platforms.
- Transparency isn't supported on Linux
- app Icons aren't available on Linux
- Audio doesn't work on Linux
- Pasting some special characters will crash appJar on Mac
- Tickable Menus & OptionBoxes don't work on Mac
- Buttons don't support background colours and changing the height on Mac
- app Icons aren't available on Mac
- Audio doesn't work on Mac